www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_proxy/1929: ProxyPass redirects with URL showing for requests made with the tilde
Date Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:54:44 GMT

Synopsis: ProxyPass redirects with URL showing for requests made with the tilde

State-Changed-From-To: feedback-closed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 20 02:54:44 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
No feedback from the user, so I've tested it myself.
Apache 1.3b6-dev does _NOT_ do the redirection.
The watched redirection for the user really comes
from the remote server. And as Dean already said,
for handling this the user has to use the
ProxyPassReverse feature in addition to the ProxyPass
directive. A request like /~test was correctly
passed to my remote test server and no redirection
occured by the Apache 1.3b6-based proxy.