www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From karr...@tis.mt.com (Lukas Karrer)
Subject Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
Date Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:15:34 GMT

> According to Marc Slemko:
>
> >   That is bad.  If it can make Apache core dump, then Apache is broken no
> >   matter what the other software may be doing wrong.
>
> I think we already have a fix for this problem...
> PR#1326 is about the same bug I think. Rainer Scherg submitted
> the following patch to fix the problem:

> diff proxy_util.c.org proxy_util.c
> 988a989,991
> >     if (host == NULL)   /* oops! */
> >       return 0;
> >
> 1137,1138c1140,1144
> <     int h2_len = strlen(host2);
> <     int h1_len = strlen(host);
> ---
> >     int h2_len;
> >     int h1_len;
> >
> >     if (host == NULL || host2 == NULL)
> >        return 0; /* oops! */
> 1139a1146,1148
> >     h2_len = strlen(host2);
> >     h1_len = strlen(host);

> If it fixes the problem the release of 1.2.6 should wait until
> the patch is committed to the 1.2 source tree.

Well, that did not seem to fix the problem. Same behavour of apache
whenever I try to access https site.

Regards Lukas

Lukas Karrer               Email: karrerl@tis.mt.com  Mettler-Toledo AG
System Manager Assist.     Phone: ++41 1 944 26 06    8606 Naenikon, Switz.
"Beyond Weighing"          FAX:   ++41 1 944 27 90    http://www.mt.com
I'm not Mettler-Toledo's spokesman, I just try to do my job as well as I can