www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jenny <jz...@cheerful.com>
Subject general/1959: Cannot open service manager: Access is denied.
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:35:17 GMT

>Number:         1959
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Cannot open service manager: Access is denied.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
The first error after I ran this command is :
httpd: cannot determine local host name. User ServerName to set it manually.
So I add my PC IP address as ServerName entry in httpd.conf and rerun this command. Then got
the above error.

In logs directory, access_log and error_log are created, but no httpd.pid file.
>How-To-Repeat:
d:\Apache > apache -i

>Fix:
I did try to do the same thing when I login as administrator in my PC.
Then I got the error:
Too many arguments in command line