www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/1956: Make file problems
Date Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1956; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Seth Allen <seth@onyxgroup.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/1956: Make file problems
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:19:39 -0700 (MST)

 On 16 Mar 1998, Seth Allen wrote:

 > Visual C++ 5.0
 > There are two problems with the MAKE files:
 > 1) All of the rules have two colons at the end of the first line.

 That is the way that VC generates them, and unless you have a good reason
 we aren't going to go messing with what it generates.

 > 2) There is no such compiler option /FD.

 (don't have Windows around right now to look)

 Does this actually cause you a problem and stop it from compiling?

 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Just do:
 >
 > nmake -f Makefile.nt _apacher

 That obviously works for us, so you will have to be more explicit about
 exactly what problems it causes you...

 Thanks.