www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex
Date Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/1612; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Steven Filling <steven@panoptic.csustan.edu>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:11:58 -0800 (PST)

 On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Steven Filling wrote:

 >  [crit] (45)Operation not supported: setsockopt: (SO_REUSEADDR)
 >
 > Guess there continues to be a disparity on alpha, as this compiles and

 Ah, alpha!  This one is already in the problem database, no resolution
 yet.  I've doublechecked what apache is doing there against the single
 unix spec and apache is right, so glibc is what I'd blame.  glibc does
 massage some parameters before calling the kernel, so it may or may not be
 the kernel.

 Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem on the alpha I have access to
 -- which claims to have glibc-2.0.6-9 and a 2.0.32 kernel installed.

 Dean