www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-linux/1950: All child processes die. Parent remains and no longer responds to queries
Date Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/1950; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Steven Uggowitzer <uggowitzers@who.ch>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-linux/1950: All child processes die. Parent remains and no longer responds
to queries
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 16:29:23 -0800 (PST)

 On 15 Mar 1998, Steven Uggowitzer wrote:

 > As mentioned earlier, the problem started for me when I upgraded from RedHat
 > 4.2 to 5.0.  Since I am running the same kernel (2.0.33)as before, even the
 > same binary, I don't suspect the problem is there.  From apache-bugdb-owner-apache-bugdb-archive=hyperreal.org@apache.org
Mon Mar 16 02:50:02 1998
Date: 16 Mar 1998 02:50:00 -0000
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org,
From: Steven Filling <steven@panoptic.csustan.edu>
Subject: Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex
Sender: apache-bugdb-owner@apache.org

The following reply was made to PR os-linux/1612; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steven Filling <steven@panoptic.csustan.edu>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 18:44:15 -0800 (PST)

 On 02-Jan-98 Dean Gaudet extemporized:
 >=20
 >>  [crit] (45)Operation not supported: setsockopt: (SO_REUSEADDR)
 >=20
 > Er wait no, I'm wrong in what I just said.  This looks like a kernel or
 > libc problem.  It shouldn't refuse this, it does implement SO_REUSEADDR.
 >=20
 > Oh hmm!  I wonder if it's got a problem with the sizeof(int) parameter.
 > But the Single Unix spec says it's supposed to take an int there, so it
 > should be ok. =20

 Dean -

 Just an update on 1.3b5 : this version compiles with no perceptible
 errors, but when I attempt to run it error_log gets the following:

  [crit] (45)Operation not supported: setsockopt: (SO_REUSEADDR)

 Guess there continues to be a disparity on alpha, as this compiles and
 runs fine on intel [Red Hat 4.2 and 5.0] and Sparc [Red Hat 4.2].  If you
 think it is a kernel problem, I'll see if I can find someone running one
 of the 2.1.x kernels on alpha and have them give it a shot.

 cheers
 S.
 Steven Filling
 E-Mail: steven@panopticon.csustan.edu