www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex/1922: IndexOptions IconsAreLinks
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 22:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_autoindex/1922; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Randy Jae Weinstein <rw263@is7.nyu.edu>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_autoindex/1922: IndexOptions IconsAreLinks
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:57:31 -0700 (MST)

 On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Randy Jae Weinstein wrote:

 > But Marc...
 >
 > The autoindex it the only page where the user has no control over the
 > layout.  Rarely is a <pre></pre> format ideal for any time of page.  Using
 > a template to generate the autoindexing page seems like a superior idea.
 > No chance of reconsidering this option?  Even for Apache 2.0 or a later
 > version of apache 1.4+?  PLEASE??

 The option of allowing a template hasn't been closed; if someone writes
 it, it will get included.  However, 1.3 is in feature freeze right now so
 it probably wouldn't get in 1.3.  There is another PR in the database
 asking for a template that is probably suspended right now until 1.3 goes
 out.

 Note that anyone can code it themself as a separate module.