www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: os-irix/1945: Apache logs endlessly to error_log and never starts up.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:06:44 GMT
Synopsis: Apache logs endlessly to error_log and never starts up.

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 13 11:06:44 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Please read followups to any posts you make to Usenet regarding
a problem (and please pursue such things before submitting
a bug report) before you send in a bug report.

I will ask again, as I already asked in response to your
Usenet query:

Where are your config files?

Are you sure you have Apache set to use the right config files?
Where are the config files that you think it should be using?
What do you have it compiled to use?

What is the username specified in your config file for the User
directive?  Is there an entry in the passwd file for it?