www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pat McCormick <...@ideasite.com>
Subject config/1944: setgroups: Invalid argument error at launch
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:22:58 GMT

>Number:         1944
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       setgroups: Invalid argument error at launch
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have tried several times to download and run Apache 1.2.5 on AIX4.1.4.0.

I have configured httpd.conf, srm.conf, and access.conf, then I follow this instruction (my
directories are set up the same)

> Finally, make a call to httpd, with a -f to the full path to the
> httpd.conf file.  I.e., the common case:
>
>   /usr/local/etc/apache/src/httpd -f /usr/local/etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf
>
> And voila!  The server should be running.

Rather than running though I get the following message:

 setgroups: Invalid argument

I haven't been able to get past this point.

Thanks
-Pat