www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lukas Karrer <lkar...@trash.net>
Subject mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:28:41 GMT

>Number:         1942
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I checked the bug report PR#1573 and followed the hint to add two lines
to the source of version 1.3b3. After compiling the CONNECT method
seemed to work fine.

But I seem to have a problem when using Raptor Eagle 4.0 on Solaris as
ProxyRemote. Parts of the desired document get delivered while other
parts just time out. This even happens when accessing our own webserver
in the segment local to the firewall (DMZ net).

I have a CERN 3.0A proxy/cache with SSL support (which I would like to
replace) which has no problems with the https method together with
Eagle. The funny thing is that the apache server works fine when I
configure the (internal) CERN 3.0A server as ProxyRemote to the apache.
So I have no clue wether the problem is related to the apache server or
to the Raptor Eagle or both.

Is anybody out there who has seen or fixed this problem? Any hints are
appreciated.

I did not receive any help from comp.infosystems..... Upgrading to 1.3b5 posed the same problem,
so I do not know what to do next :=)

TIA for any help

Lukas Karrer