www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Malte Sander <Malte.San...@Num.Bi.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.DE>
Subject Re: config/1927: Get full access to apache installation path by misusing https
Date Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1927; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Malte Sander <Malte.Sander@Num.Bi.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.DE>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>, Andreas Heilwagen <hostmaster@netguru.org>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: config/1927: Get full access to apache installation path by misusing https
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:26:26 +0100 (MEZ)

 Hi!

 I'm the person who reported the problem with his site to Mr. Heilwagen.

 I'm working with a governmental educational facility where one of my tasks
 is to provide computer security for a close defined user group.

 Not at any time, I did 'attack' any site, Mr. Heilwagen is responsible
 for, nor did I state that I did.

 When Mr. Heilwagen tells anyone, I did, he's braking german laws.

 My boss and I will have to inform the law enforcement authorites if he
 continues.

 I did take the chance to inform him of the security leak his site
 explored, because the provided content is authorized gorvernmental
 information.

 I do hereby in public ask him to remove his false accusations from this
 server (bugs.apache.org) or any other server providing this wrong
 information.

 Malte Sander
 ---
 Malte Sander					Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
 Systemverwaltung				Arbeitsgruppe fuer Numerische
 Rechnersicherheit				Methoden in der Mechanik und
 Datenschutz					Simulationstechnik
 						Prof.-Dr. Heinz Waller

 Tel. +49-234-700-5878, Fax +49-234-709-4488	IA 01/7, D-44780 Bochum