www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christophe Dumont <cf...@ux1.cts.eiu.edu>
Subject Re: general/1911: Can't download a file from the apache server with MSIE 4.01 US
Date Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1911; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christophe Dumont <cfcd2@ux1.cts.eiu.edu>
To: dgaudet@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/1911: Can't download a file from the apache server with MSIE 4.01 US
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:03:34 -0600 (CST)

 I found a solution to this problem at the end of last week:

 I suppress the compressing of Z and gz in the conf file, because the
 problem only happens with MSIE (not Netscape) with file of extension of
 .Z and .gz
 Now, it's working without this option for my web site, but not yours.

 I hope this could help you.

 -C. Dumont