www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jan Wedekind <Jan.Wedek...@de.uu.net>
Subject Re: config/1756: accept: (client socket): Operation not supported on t
Date Wed, 04 Mar 1998 09:23:34 GMT
Hello Dean & apache Workers,

thanks for the new version.

> Synopsis: accept: (client socket): Operation not supported on t
>
> State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-feedback
> State-Changed-By: dgaudet
> State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 21 03:29:34 PST 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> As of 1.2.6 this problem shouldn't fill your
> disk with errors, it'll report it once and then the child
> with the problem will die.  I suspect also that it will
> recover from this bug automatically (which looks to be a
> solaris libc/kernel problem).  You can give the prerelease
> a try if you like:
>
> ftp://dev.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.2.6.tar.gz
>
> Tell us if the 1.2.6 server still needs a hard restart when this
> problem happens.

One of our server is now up and running with this version,
but without -DNO_SLACK option (see below).
(Alltogether we now discovered this behaviour for about 5 servers.)
I will report any problems.

I also tried out the NO_SLACK option (reported on Feb 7th) and
the problem doesn't occur on the server with that binary applied
for the last 14 days.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,

UUNET Deutschland GmbH
Jan Wedekind
(Dipl.-Informatiker)

Web Competence Center             UUNET Deutschland GmbH
Tel. +49 231 972 2280             Emil-Figge-Straße 80
Fax. +49 231 972 1180             44227 Dortmund, Germany
Jan.Wedekind@de.uu.net            URL: http://www.uunet.de