www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1802: apache looses children (fwd)
Date Mon, 02 Mar 1998 01:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1802; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/1802: apache looses children (fwd)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:36:49 -0800 (PST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 02:35:03 +0100 (NFT)
 From: Gergely Madarasz <gorgo@caesar.elte.hu>
 To: dgaudet@hyperreal.org
 Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, dgaudet@apache.org
 Subject: Re: general/1802: apache looses children

 On 2 Mar 1998 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: apache looses children
 >
 > Comment-Added-By: dgaudet
 > Comment-Added-When: Sun Mar  1 17:20:32 PST 1998
 > Comment-Added:
 > How many log files does your server have?  I've got a similar report
 > from another glibc user and I'm trying to narrow the differences.
 > See http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/1893 for details on the other
 > user's system.  If you could tell me about any similarities you
 > see with your system that'd be great.

 $ grep Log httpd.conf | grep -v ^\# | wc -l
      33

 The kernel is stock 2.0.33, libc is now 2.0.7pre1-1 (from the debian
 package) but it happened with 2.0.5c and 2.0.6 too.

 Btw it really seems to be a SIGCHLD handling problem. In my bugreport I
 mentioned a problem with PHP too. It is gone now, since I've added a
 signal(SIGCHLD,SIG_DFL); to the beginning of the php parser so it resets
 the SIGCHLD signal handler before every php script. Now there is only a
 problem with the master server.

 I couldnt find any other significant similarities... just the kernel/glibc
 versions and PHP...

 Greg

 --
 Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org