www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Jae Weinstein <rw...@is7.nyu.edu>
Subject Re: mod_alias/1856: Alias directive allowable in htaccess
Date Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:51:14 GMT
I submitted the bug due to the fact that I have already created a Symbolic
Link (ln -s), on my system, and the server already has AllowOverride All
set, and yet it doesn't read the correct htaccess files!  It only reads of
the SOURCE of where the link is, and not the destintatino and the
destination's parent directories!  Maybe the status should be changed to a
bug fix instead of a request?  As I have already tried what Dean said and
it has not worked.

> (grrr... the bugdb-script doesn't send a copy to a
>  changed originator address.)
>
> >  [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
> >  [you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
> >  [and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
> >  [automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
> >

> >  Synopsis: Alias directive allowable in htaccess
> >
> >  Comment-Added-By: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org
> >  Comment-Added-When: Sun Feb 22 16:38:51 PST 1998
> >  Comment-Added:
> >  (corrected bogus return address by using address from
> >   PR#1855)
> >
> >  To repeat Dean's previous comment: .htaccess files
> >  are read in the destination of a symlink (unless
> >  disabled via AllowOverride).
> >
> >  Originator-Changed-From-To: Weinstein-rw263@is7.NYU.EDU
> >  Originator-Changed-By: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org
> >  Originator-Changed-When: Sun Feb 22 16:38:51 PST 1998

                                                   Cheers,
 =|  __  __    T    |                              Randy Jae
  *--\ \/ /--* O  A |                                  Lehigh University
--==>> http://Pages.NYU.EDU/~rw263/