www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steven Heicher <hier...@dec.burghcom.com>
Subject suexec/1881: suexec will not run
Date Fri, 27 Feb 1998 01:53:17 GMT

>Number:         1881
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suexec will not run
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2.5
>Environment:
Linux dec.burghcom.com 2.0.33 #1 Wed Dec 17 14:27:30 EST 1997 i686 unknown

GCC/CC compilers
I've run several scripts that are better off with the username/groupname being the same as
the user (i.e. my file upload utility or my polling program).  I've noticed that for some
reason userid and groupid on each file created by the script is nobody instead of mine.  We've
also got two new virtual hosts running and it says suexec wrapper is required.  I checked
the httpd.h and the suexec.h files and they are set correctly.  I've also recompiled it with
new *.h files and set them all correctly.  Still no cigar.  I've even disabled the user and
group for the virtualhosts.
>How-To-Repeat:
I really have no idea.  If you had access to my server, I'd be able to help you out.  Let
me know if you need a special account created and I can do it, and I can give you something
that will allow you to try it out for yourself.
>Fix:
non