www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Derek Balling <dball...@speedchoice.com>
Subject Re: general/1725: When ErrorLog going to a pipe, only summary line makes it to handler
Date Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1725; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Derek Balling <dballing@speedchoice.com>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>, apbugs@hyperreal.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/1725: When ErrorLog going to a pipe, only summary   line makes it
to handler
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:46:07 -0600

 Found the problem after a bunch of testing.

 Was running suexec and the file permissions on the CGI weren't "proper".

 All I had done was copy the CGI from the "main" server directory to a
 "user" directory, and hadn't even considered that the CGI was never
 getting run, (and an error was being reported in cgi.log stating that it
 COULDN'T run the CGI).

 I wonder if it might not be a good idea for future versions to have, if
 suexec fails to execute the script for whatever reason, to log in both
 cgi.log AND error.log. (e.g. instead of error.log only having a
 "generic" failure, have it either refer to cgi.log for details or
 contain a detail of the suexec failure itself).

 Aside from that, for all intents and purposes, I think it is safe to
 close this bug report, unless you want to turn it into a suggestion
 ticket of some kind. :)

 Derek