www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy <Weinst...@hyperreal.org>
Subject mod_alias/1856: Alias directive allowable in htaccess
Date Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:47:13 GMT

>Number:         1856
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       Alias directive allowable in htaccess
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Allow `Alias` directive in .htaccess config file.  Currently Alias is only allowable
in the server config files.  Would be much easier if the user could control this directive.

Originally I thought that a simple symbolic link (ln -s), would solve this problem
however, then it only reads the htaccess file of the SOURCE of the symbolic link
and ignores the DESTINATION htaccess file which is what would be disired.
>How-To-Repeat:
N/A
>Fix:
Allowable in htaccess%3