www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Manifold <t...@bespin.ml.org>
Subject config/1844: NameVirtualHost requires a VirtualHost for my real host.
Date Fri, 20 Feb 1998 06:24:09 GMT

>Number:         1844
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       NameVirtualHost requires a VirtualHost for my real host.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have one IP address, and I run one virtual host using NameVirtualHost.
If I just have one <VirtualHost..> section, for the single virtual host,
the web server always interprets every incoming request as for the virtual host.
It should default to the main server document root unless the host name
requested was the virtual host.
I worked around the problem by adding a <VirtualHost..> entry for the
actual hostname.  The documents did not mention having to do this, so either
there is a bug or the document did not include enough information.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Fix NameVirtualHost to not treat every incoming request to the system's only IP
as a virtual host.  Or, alter the documentation to make note of this limitation.
%0