www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Valerio VALDEZ Paolini" <val...@alinet.it>
Subject Re: config/1818: Follows symbolic links wether or not disabled
Date Wed, 18 Feb 1998 02:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1818; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Valerio VALDEZ Paolini" <valdez@alinet.it>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/1818: Follows symbolic links wether or not disabled
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 02:42:26 +0100

 Ciao Dean,

 >It looks like you're missing any "Options" settings at the global level,
 >and the default is "Options all" which includes FollowSymLinks.  You
 >should be able to put this: Options Indexes Includes ExecCGI

 Yes, I tried and it works. 'Options None' would be the same?

 >It's not a waste of time... it just re-enforces that we need to come up
 >with an easier to understand config.

 If you need some help, please tell me. Proof reading, trying examples
 (there are too few examples), just tell me. I use Apache at my university,
 where I am webmaster: so I think I must help you someway.

 Thank you very much Dean.

 	Valerio

  Valerio Paolini, studente del Corso di Laurea in Informatica della
  Facolta' di Scienze MM.FF.NN. dell'Universita' di Bologna, Italia.
  valdez@alinet.it		www.alinet.it/valdez
  paolini@cs.unibo.it		caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~paolini
  Via Matteotti 22, 40100 Bologna BO, Italia, tel. +39(0)51361581