www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Geof Goodrum <ggood...@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov>
Subject Re: general/1801: Netscape Navigator gets text/plain return of index.htm
Date Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1801; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Geof Goodrum <ggoodrum@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/1801: Netscape Navigator gets text/plain return of index.htm
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:11:05 -0500 (EST)

 Sorry, no proxies.

 <Giving it another try; checking Netscape Preferences...>

 Clearing the caches on both Win95 and Linux Navigators cleared up the
 problem.  I don't remember, but I must not have had the 'AddType text/html
 .htm' in place the first time that I grabbed the page, and I just found
 that the Linux RedHat 5.0 /etc/mime.types does not have 'htm' type
 defined as it did on AIX.

 Should have caught this sooner.  Thanks for your time and effort, and
 sorry for the bother!

 Geof