www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William F. Polik" <po...@HOPE.CIT.HOPE.EDU>
Subject RE: mod_include/1814: exec cmd SSI directive fails in Win95
Date Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_include/1814; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "William F. Polik" <polik@HOPE.CIT.HOPE.EDU>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: RE: mod_include/1814: exec cmd SSI directive fails in Win95
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:21:08 -0500

 At 10:24 AM 2/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
 >>      <!--#exec cmd="DIR"-->
 >
 >Possibly related to the fact that "dir" isn't a command, it is just
 >something that the command interpreter can parse.

 This also fails for MEM, which is a built-in command.

 >>      <!--#exec cmd="perl c:\htdocs\wfp\ssitest1.cgi"-->
 >
 >Possibly a problem with not specifying a directory for perl.

 This fails if I specify the path to perl (both with foward and with back
 slashes)

 >>      <!--#exec cmd="/cgi-bin/ssitest1.cgi"-->
 >
 >Erm... please go through the docs again.  exec cmd runs something from the
 >_local_ filesystem.  You don't have a /cgi-bin directory.  Try using
 >include virtual instead.

 This was a desperate attempt!

 Upon additional reseacrh in the newsgroups, I have not found a single
 instance of someone getting the SSI "exec cmd" to work.

 However, I do find one claim of someone getting the SSI "exec cgi" to work: