www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: config/1818: Follows symbolic links wether or not disabled
Date Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1818; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Valerio VALDEZ Paolini <valdez@alinet.it>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/1818: Follows symbolic links wether or not disabled
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 03:05:45 -0800 (PST)

 On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Valerio VALDEZ Paolini wrote:

 > 	I hope it is not a misconfiguration because I don't want
 > to waste your time.

 It looks like you're missing any "Options" settings at the global level,
 and the default is "Options all" which includes FollowSymLinks.  You
 should be able to put this:

 Options Indexes Includes ExecCGI

 somewhere like the <Directory /> section ... although you probably want to
 be more restrictive than that.

 It's not a waste of time... it just re-enforces that we need to come up
 with an easier to understand config.

 Dean