www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: protocol/1813: After CGI (POST) HTTP-Headers shown in browser and internal Error "OK" (200)
Date Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR protocol/1813; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Carsten Schabacker <c.schabacker@gis.ibfs.de>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: protocol/1813: After  CGI (POST) HTTP-Headers shown in browser and internal Error
"OK" (200)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:42:37 -0700 (MST)

 On 16 Feb 1998, Carsten Schabacker wrote:

 > After a CGI-Script returns (only POST method) i get some HTTP-Headers in=
 =20
 > the document.  Example Output:
 >
 >=20
 > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
 > <TITLE>Passwort f. HTTP-Server &auml;ndern</TITLE>
 > <h1>Passwort wurde ge=E4ndert</h1>
 > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
 > Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:16:58 GMT
 > Server: Apache/1.3b3
 > Connection: close

 This it the output from where?  What are the headers on this response?

 >=20
 > After this i get the "internal error" message "<h1>OK</h1>"
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > If you wish i can send you the .shtml and cgi script (python 1.5 with=20
 > mod_python)

 Are you sure it is not a problem with mod_python?

 Is there any authentication required for the document in question?

 Can you repeat it by hand, eg. telnetting to the port and entering the
 request yourself?

 > >Fix:
 > I think the problem is that the programm does not check if a header-strin=
 > is empty and always appends newlines.  [spurious newlines are added; grep=
 =20
 > for "\015\012" through 'src/main/http_protocol.c']
 > I think you bvputs/rvputs (or a wrapper around this) should test.

 I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here...