www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <edwb...@chickasaw.com>
Subject os-linux/1807: httpd lives in /var/lib/httpd rather than in /usr/local/etc/httpd
Date Sun, 15 Feb 1998 11:52:23 GMT

>Number:         1807
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       httpd lives in /var/lib/httpd rather than in /usr/local/etc/httpd
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Nothing serious at all.  I just had to change a header to point to the right
place and recompile.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to compile on my box.  I expect any Linux box built with the September 1996
distribution of Slackware is going to have this problem.
>Fix:
Add something to configure that takes this into account.  Give people the option
of changing where httpd lives in Configuration.  Then, when Configure is run,
the correct path will be used. in the header file.

I don't recall the header file that has it in it, but, if you do a:
grep "/usr/local/etc" *.h
in the src directory, it will be evident which one is in question