www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_log-any/1127: Log files for main server and virtual hosts are written with different UID/GID
Date Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:20:01 GMT

Synopsis: Log files for main server and virtual hosts are written with different UID/GID

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 14 14:20:00 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Apache 1.2 will create logs with the group of the Group setting,
this is fixed in Apache 1.3 and won't be fixed in Apache 1.2.
A proper umask makes this irrelevant.

But logs are definately created with the user that apache is
invoked as.  So I cannot reproduce the problem, and I see no
code path that could cause this to happen.

Please provide a minimal config that shows the problem if you
are still having problems.

Dean