www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_log-any/1396: Logging to a pipe causes server to stop serving documents
Date Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:27:35 GMT

Synopsis: Logging to a pipe causes server to stop serving documents

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 14 05:27:34 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
This is almost certainly a problem with whatever logging program
you're using.  I've seen it before where the logging program will
block, forever, in some cases... such as disk full.  Apache blocks
when this happens.  There's nothing we can do about it.

If you can produce a small reproduceable example which you can
send to us, then please do.  But without that we can't really
help, sorry!

Thanks for using Apache!
Dean