www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/1725: When ErrorLog going to a pipe, only summary line makes it to handler
Date Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:24:53 GMT

Synopsis: When ErrorLog going to a pipe, only summary line makes it to handler

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-feedback
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 14 03:24:53 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this.  The only situation in which
stderr won't go to the error log is when you have ScriptLog in
use, but you say you're not using it.

Another difference between your system and mine is that you are
using glibc and I'm using linux libc 5.x.  I hate to blame the
library, but it has been known to be unstable.  Unfortunately
I'm not willing to "upgrade" any of my systems to it, so I
can't test with it.

You're going to have to do more digging.

Like maybe run "strace -f -o trace.out ./httpd -d /path/to/serverroot"
and make a request to a cgi that generates stderr output.  Then
you'll have to kill -9 a bunch of the processes because strace
will interfere with their proper exit.  Eventually you'll get
strace to terminate, and you can look at the trace.out file to
see what happens with stderr.  Or you can send me the trace.out
file, but please only if it's <100k.

Dean

Dean