www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeff Lewis <le...@stanford.edu>
Subject mod_mime/1799: mod_mime's mapping to handler and content_type gets confused by some filenames
Date Fri, 13 Feb 1998 01:48:12 GMT

>Number:         1799
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       mod_mime's mapping to handler and content_type gets confused by some filenames
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
If you've got a filename, with two substrings that qualify as extensions,
and one of them is bound to a handler and one of them is bound to a content-type
(map files and gifs, for instance), you'll end up with both the handler and
the content-type set.  Since the handler takes precedence, this'll sometimes
do what you want and sometimes not.  My problem case was a GIF named
assu.map.gif that'd end up getting handled by mod_imap.

>How-To-Repeat:
with mod_imap in your server, handling files with the ".map" ext,
name a gif "something.map.gif" then grab it, it'll be a broken
image because the map handler's trying to deliver it
>Fix:
Don't know if it's the best way, but I reset the handler
back to orighandler if the content-type gets set or
changed based a string later in the filename:

*** mod_mime.c.orig     Thu Feb 12 16:31:53 1998
--- mod_mime.c  Thu Feb 12 16:32:31 1998
*** 256,261 ****
--- 256,262 ----
          if ((type = table_get(conf->forced_types, ext))
              || (type = table_get(hash_buckets[hash(*ext)], ext))) {
              r->content_type = type;
+           r->handler = orighandler;
              found = 1;
          }