www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Clark <drcl...@rfm.com>
Subject mod_dir/1797: DirectoryIndex index.shtml -- fails to recognise/process this file automatically
Date Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:46:35 GMT

>Number:         1797
>Category:       mod_dir
>Synopsis:       DirectoryIndex index.shtml -- fails to recognise/process this file automatically
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.2.5
>Environment:
SunOS coppell 5.5.1 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10

cc: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 30 Oct 1996 C 4.2
I have implemented server-side includes and they all seem to be working
correctly, except where I want them to be the default "DirectoryIndex" file.
The index.shtml file is ignored and I get the normal directory listing only.
>How-To-Repeat:
You can't -- we're behind a firewall, sorry!!
>Fix:
I have setup the index.html file to transport me to the index.shtml file after
1 second -- not the ideal fix, but it does seem to work for the moment