www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: os-os2/1783 - it isn't posible to kill the apache server
Date Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-os2/1783; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Brian Havard" <brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au>
To: "Matthias Haller" <matthias.haller@t-online.de>
Cc: "apbugs@Apache.Org" <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: os-os2/1783 - it isn't posible to kill the apache server
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 98 02:01:43 +1000

 Hi Matthias,
   A problem shutting down Apache for OS/2 in v1.3b3 has been fixed recently
 which may solve your problem. There's another issue that may be at fault
 though.
   Certain patch levels of the OS/2 TCP/IP stack would freeze closing a socket
 that was in 'listen' mode (which is extactly what Apache does during
 shutdown). The problem was introduced in patch level 4.02j.
   I'm not certain which patch fixed it (I think it was 4.02o) but I know the
 current level (4.02t) is OK as I'm using it now. If you've never applied any
 of these stack patches you should be OK.