www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1705: REMOTE_USER defined in authenticate_basic_user and undefined within add_common_vars (fwd)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1705; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/1705: REMOTE_USER defined in  authenticate_basic_user and undefined
within add_common_vars (fwd)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:30:20 -0800 (PST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:38:40 -0500
 To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
 From: Randy Mayall <mayall@kodak.com>
 Subject: Re: general/1705: REMOTE_USER defined in  authenticate_basic_user and undefined
within add_common_vars

 I am sorry it has take so long to get back to you.  I appreciate the
 response very much.  In summary, to your query.  The exact URL, CGI,
 username/password is of no consiquence.  The basic authentication code
 segment is dropping the information.  I am guessing based upon your response
 someone here has hacked-up the code.  My next step is to download a clean
 version and perform a diff to
 confirm or deny this assumption.  I will get back to you once I have
 completed this task with the results.  THANK YOU AGAIN.