www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-unixware/1357: Server incorrectly interprets whether file is a symlink. (fwd)
Date Sat, 07 Feb 1998 12:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-unixware/1357; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-unixware/1357: Server incorrectly interprets whether file is a symlink.
(fwd)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 04:17:42 -0800 (PST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
 Subject: Re: os-unixware/1357: Server incorrectly interprets whether file is a symlink. (fwd)
 From: Tom Hughes <thh@cyberscience.com>
 Date: 22 Jan 1998 08:43:12 +0000

 In article <Pine.LNX.3.95dg3.980121160955.27820Y-100000@twinlark.arctic.org>, Dean
Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org> writes:

 > I wonder if you could do us a favour and help us with this PR?  Since you
 > seem to be familiar with unixware I thought I'd give you a try :)

 I'm happy to try and help but I will admit to being a bit baffled by it
 at the moment...

 It is true that sys/stat.h on Unixware 2 is a little odd as it sometimes
 causes little static functions to be included as veneers. In fact lstat
 is one of these cases when _POSIX_SOURCE is defined. Specifically,
 without it you get this:

 #define lstat(p,b)      _lxstat(_STAT_VER, p, b)

 and with it you get this:

 static int
 lstat(const char *path, struct stat *buf)
 {
 int ret;
         ret = _lxstat(_STAT_VER, path, buf);
         return ret;
 }

 Those look like they should be equivalent to me though so I don't
 understand why they are both there unless POSIX requires lstat() to be a
 real function perhaps? Besides which it still doesn't explain the bug or
 why the server should look at the wrong part of the struct...

 What we really need is a test case - a file whose attributes are such
 that it is misidentified as a link.

 > If you want to see the current state of 1.3b4-dev with your patch applied
 > you'll be able to grab it in a few hours from
 > <ftp://dev.apache.org/httpd/from-cvs/>.

 I'll grab a copy tonight and see what I make of it tomorrow.

 Tom

 --
 Tom Hughes : thh@cyberscience.com : tom@compton.demon.co.uk
 Software Engineer, Cyberscience Corporation