www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/1778: Apache ignores .htaccess files in cgi-bin directories when using AllowOverride speed-up trick
Date Fri, 06 Feb 1998 19:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/1778; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Allen Chen <achen@nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/1778: Apache ignores .htaccess files in cgi-bin directories when
using AllowOverride speed-up trick
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:57:28 -0800 (PST)

 On 6 Feb 1998, Allen Chen wrote:

 >                    <Directory /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin>
 >                    AllowOverride All
 >                    </Directory>

 Sorry but I can't reproduce this.  I did this:

 % echo garbage >cgi-bin/.htaccess

 and I set up the <Directory>s the way you listed.  And when I access
 /cgi-bin/printenv it fails and my error log shows:

 [Fri Feb  6 11:42:06 1998] access to
 /home/dgaudet/ap/apachen/cgi-bin/.htaccess failed for 127.0.0.1, reason:
 Invalid command garbage

 So it is definately reading the .htaccess file.

 Dean