www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Michael" <mich...@bizsystems.com>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex/1763: index.html, index.shtml not picked up fr
Date Thu, 05 Feb 1998 23:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_autoindex/1763; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Michael" <michael@bizsystems.com>
To: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: mod_autoindex/1763: index.html, index.shtml not picked up fr
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 15:04:40 +0000

 > Are you sure something like
 >   DirectoryIndex index.shtml index.html
 > is defined in your configuration?
 Yes, it is.  aaaahhhh. but the solution is (unfortunatly) a dumb
 newbie mistake.  I have a
 DirectoryIndex
 directive in a preceeding directory.  It appears (from reading docs)
 that this automagicaly propagates to following directories.

 This site is a mirror of a site on a non-apache (ISP) webserver that
 I think is ncsa based.  The 'DirectoryIndex' does not propagate to
 following directories on that machine and I just naturally assumed it
 would be the same on my Apache server.

 Sorry for the newbie panic.

 If you have any insight into the above I would appreciate your
 comments.

 Michael

 Michael@bizsystems.com