www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: suexec/1769: suexec too limited -- need per-directory control, more permissive directory structures
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 19:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR suexec/1769; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Gary Shea <shea@gtsdesign.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: suexec/1769: suexec too limited -- need per-directory control, more permissive
directory structures
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:23:28 -0800 (PST)

 On 4 Feb 1998, Gary Shea wrote:

 > expect I'll have to hack the core to implement this functionality.  Eeek!
 > What I really want is a policy reading from the Apache folk saying "We don't
 > care about this problem, you're on your own" or if I'm lucky "here's some
 > suggestions, go do it and send us the patches"

 Why is it that people paint us as mean awful ogres all the time?

 At any rate.  If you've got the patches for 1.2 already, you could send
 them along so that we at least see what you mean... I'd be surprised if
 this isn't possible.  Heck you shouldn't even need patches to do this if
 you're willing to do the directory -> user mapping outside of apache.
 Just use the same model that cgiwrapper uses.  i.e. something like this:

 RewriteEngine on
 RewriteRule ^(.*)\.cgi /usr/local/apache/my-fancy-cgi-wrapper/$1 [T=application/x-httpd-cgi]

 (Not that I've tested that example.)

 Dean