www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Konstantin Morshnev <m...@design.ru>
Subject mod_imap/1771: invalid processing of poly borders
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 17:50:57 GMT

>Number:         1771
>Category:       mod_imap
>Synopsis:       invalid processing of poly borders
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When point belongs to polygon border, apache answer is unpredictable
- sometimes it answers "inside", sometime "outside". It is contrary to
Rect and Circle, where borders sertanly belong to the figure.

Conside the following imagemaps:

---poly.map----
base referer
poly poly.html 1,1 1,10 10,10 10,1

---rect.map----
base referer
rect rect.html 1,1 10,10

They describe the same figure, but the result is different:

poly.map?1,1 - _outside_

Contrary to:

rect.map?1,1 - _inside_

the funny thing is:

poly.map?10,10 - inside,
poly.map?1,5 - outside
poly.map?10,5 - inside, and so on.

Sometimes it's not critical, but sometimes it is.

So pointinpoly functions should be fixed.
http://moko.design.ru/apache/poly.map?1,1
http://moko.design.ru/apache/rect.map?1,1
>Fix:
Yes, I have already changed it for local use.
I can send a patch. It should work, but it should pass a lot of testing,
which I unable to perform myself