www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Landry@hyperreal.org, Kenneth <k...@haht.com>
Subject general/1755: PATH_INFO cgi environment variable is being lowercased.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 13:42:38 GMT

>Number:         1755
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       PATH_INFO cgi environment variable is being lowercased.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Feb  2 05:50:01 PST 1998
>Originator:     kenl@haht.com
>Release:        1.3b3 (NT)
Windows NT Workstation.  Binaries of Apache 1.3b3 from www.apache.org.
The environment variable, PATH_INFO, is being lowercased when my cgi
program is run by Apache.  This causes serious problems for HAHTsite webapps
that encode their stateid in the URL.  The stateid is case sensitive.
Just print out the environment from a cgi program.  The PATH_INFO is lowercased.
Don't lowercase the PATH_INFO environment when extracting it from the URL