www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Landry@hyperreal.org, Kenneth <k...@haht.com>
Subject general/1755: PATH_INFO cgi environment variable is being lowercased.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 13:42:38 GMT

>Number:         1755
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       PATH_INFO cgi environment variable is being lowercased.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The environment variable, PATH_INFO, is being lowercased when my cgi
program is run by Apache.  This causes serious problems for HAHTsite webapps
that encode their stateid in the URL.  The stateid is case sensitive.
>How-To-Repeat:
Just print out the environment from a cgi program.  The PATH_INFO is lowercased.
>Fix:
Don't lowercase the PATH_INFO environment when extracting it from the URL