www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/1752: .cgi files execute as a cgi and I cont want them to.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 06:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1752; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Mike Machado <mike@cheapnet.net>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: config/1752: .cgi files execute as a cgi and I cont want them to.
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:26:03 -0700 (MST)

 On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Mike Machado wrote:

 > As I said in the original case. I checked all of the things you mentioned before I submitted
this case, and they
 > still excute.

 No you did not say that.  You need to check again because Apache doesn't
 magically execute anything.  It is nearly certain that this is a
 configuration problem.

 _ALL_ you mentioned is that you didn't have an AddHandler in your config
 files.

 Have you checked every directory up to and including the user's cgi-bin
 directory (eg. /.htaccess, all the way to .htaccess in the directory the
 script is in) to be sure there is no htaccess file that enables it?

 Look through the source yourself to try to find where Apache executes all
 files named .cgi; you won't find it because it isn't there.  grep for cgi
 in all your config files, be sure you are using the right set of config
 files, and triple check for htaccess files.