www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Urschel <john...@mail.accessus.net>
Subject os-freebsd/1749: Ok 20 minutes after server is rebooted it looses track of the virtual hosts and only remembers the last one in the httpd.con
Date Sat, 31 Jan 1998 09:33:28 GMT

>Number:         1749
>Category:       os-freebsd
>Synopsis:       Ok 20 minutes after server is rebooted it looses track of the virtual
hosts and only remembers the last one in the httpd.con
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Ok I reboot the server works fine all three VIRTUAL IP based hosts work FINE.
20 minutes later the apache forgets the other virtualip servers and only
answers to the last one in the httpd.conf. Why? I have read the virtual ip
information on the site and applied several different variations all to no
avail 20 minutes later.
Here is my httpd.conf

erverType standalone
Port 80
HostnameLookups off
User nobody
Group nogroup
ServerAdmin root@earth.GAIANET.NET
ServerRoot /usr/local/etc/apache_1.3b2
BindAddress *
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd-access.log
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
ServerName earth.GAIANET.NET
NameVirtualHost 207.211.200.75:80
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
StartServers 5
MaxClients 150
MaxRequestsPerChild 30
Listen 207.211.200.75:80
Listen 207.211.200.191:80
Listen 207.211.200.211:80
Listen 207.211.200.190:80

<VirtualHost 207.211.200.191>
#server A
ServerAdmin 901@mail.901.org
DocumentRoot /home/901/public_html
ServerName www.901.org
ErrorLog /var/log/901httpd-error.log
TransferLog /var/log/901httpd-access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 207.211.200.190>
ServerAdmin vince@earth.GAIANET.NET
DocumentRoot /home/ultimatesound/public_html
ServerName www.ULTIMATESOUND.NET
ErrorLog /var/log/ushttpd-error.log
TransferLog /var/log/ushttpd-access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 207.211.200.211>
ServerAdmin chad@den.net
DocumentRoot /home/chad/den
ServerName www.den.net
ErrorLog /var/log/denhttpd-error.log
TransferLog /var/log/denhttpd-access.log
</VirtualHost>
>How-To-Repeat:
Well I don't know how to reproduce it other than to reboot and wait 20 minutes
? you can go to any of those url's in the conf and probably see the error I get
after 20 minutes No file or service exists matching "/".
BTW this problem also exists with 1.2.5 please help