www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Frank Schoeters <Frank.Schoet...@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject mod_imap/1745: compilation warnings on passing arg from incompatible pointer type
Date Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:17:04 GMT

>Number:         1745
>Category:       mod_imap
>Synopsis:       compilation warnings on passing arg from incompatible pointer type
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
> ./Configure
Using config file: Configuration
Using Makefile template file: Makefile.tmpl
 + configured for HP-UX 10 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C compiler optimization-level to -O2

> make
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   alloc.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_main.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_core.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_config.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_request.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_log.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_protocol.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   rfc1413.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   util.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   util_script.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   modules.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   buff.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   md5c.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   util_md5.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   explain.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   http_bprintf.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   util_date.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   util_snprintf.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_env.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_log_config.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_mime.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_negotiation.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_include.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_dir.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_cgi.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_asis.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_imap.c
mod_imap.c: In function `imap_handler':
mod_imap.c:766: warning: passing arg 2 of `pointinpoly' from incompatible pointer type
mod_imap.c:778: warning: passing arg 2 of `pointincircle' from incompatible pointer type
mod_imap.c:790: warning: passing arg 2 of `pointinrect' from incompatible pointer type
mod_imap.c:802: warning: passing arg 2 of `is_closer' from incompatible pointer type
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_actions.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_userdir.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_alias.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_access.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_auth.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_auth_anon.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_digest.c
gcc -c   -O2 -DHPUX10   mod_browser.c
gcc    -o httpd alloc.o http_main.o http_core.o http_config.o http_request.o http_log.o http_protocol.o
rfc1413.o util.o util_script.o modules.o buff.o md5c.o util_md5.o explain.o http_bprintf.o
util_date.o util_snprintf.o mod_env.o mod_log_config.o mod_mime.o mod_negotiation.o mod_include.o
mod_dir.o mod_cgi.o mod_asis.o mod_imap.o mod_actions.o mod_userdir

it seems that in all four cases the variable pointarray is passed as second argument
to local functions
pointarray is defined as 'double pointarray [MAXVERTS + 1][2]'
however in all the 4 local functions this is expected:
'const double p [MAXVERTS][2]'

So I guess the '+ 1' is causing the warning.
>How-To-Repeat:
See 'Full Description'
>Fix:
One way may be to have the argument specifications in the four functions
reflect the fact that '+ 1' is the length of the first array length.
Anyway the specification of the array either in the variable 'pointarray'
or in the arguments of the functions should be adapted somewhat.

I guess it is not really important, but I have not studied your code
in detai