www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-solaris/1733: performance on 50+ web servers drops off after 3-5 days.
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1733; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: David Schmidt <david@galaxy-net.net>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/1733: performance on 50+ web servers drops off after 3-5 days.
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:01:21 -0800 (PST)

 If the memory isn't returned to the os when apache dies there's not really
 much we can do... that sounds like an OS bug.  Have you tried asking in
 solaris/x86 specific newsgroups?  (I'm not sure if any exist.)

 When you say you tried "all versions of apache", does that include 1.3b3?

 Do you have HostnameLookups on?  Is there a DNS server on your box?  Have
 you tried getting rid of nscd?  (it caches hostname lookups, which is
 usually a bad idea on a box doing a lot of namelookups)

 Is NFS involved in any way?

 Does the error_log say anything odd?

 Dean