www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dave Hodson <d...@iprint.com>
Subject general/1729: MSIE 3.0 is crashing Apache server
Date Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:40:25 GMT

>Number:         1729
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       MSIE 3.0 is crashing Apache server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When someone hits my site with an MSIE 3.0 (Win95) browser, I receive
the following error msg - "Instruction at memory address referenced
memory at 0x0000000. The memory could not be written"

(The memory address changes) Also, don't know if other MSIE
browsers have the same effect.  From the users side, the browser
just hangs.

I do not see the same problem with any other browser (have tried many
different Netscape's and even AOL)
>How-To-Repeat:
I can provide you with a test URL