www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Hawthorne <hawth...@cs.ubc.ca>
Subject os-windows/1726: Apache hangs
Date Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:46:34 GMT

>Number:         1726
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache hangs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I suspect this is the same problem described in PR1607 and PR1129.  Apache
hangs on a request about once per day.  The only way to get any further is
to kill the process.  The problem is intermittent and does not seem to depend
on the script in question, so it is difficult to reproduce.  However, the
problem is basically making Apache unusable as a server for us.  (Please help,
we would much rather use Apache than IIS...)

Note:  I could not use your pre-built binary, it generates 500 errors: premature
end of script...  (So I had to make the executable myself.)
>How-To-Repeat:
Sorry.  It is sporadic.  Just try a lot of scripts over and over again?
>Fix:
No. Wish I did