www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sean Garagan <gara...@ug.cs.dal.ca>
Subject general/1706: CORBA support in Apache
Date Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:37:57 GMT

>Number:         1706
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       CORBA support in Apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Good day,

After looking at many of the newer commercial webservers, I have noticed one
common feature being added to all of them.  This feature is the addition of a
CORBA orb to the webserver, to allow the server to create an Object Web in a
sense.  I was wondering if any plans were in the works for adding this
functionality to Apache in the future?  There are several GPL'd ORBs out there,
as well as ones with a copyright similar to Apache's, so it should be at least
doable.