www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Renaud Waldura <rwald...@LIGOS.COM>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/1645: Tabs in CustomLog format converted to space s in log file
Date Wed, 14 Jan 1998 18:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/1645; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Renaud Waldura <rwaldura@LIGOS.COM>
To: Renaud Waldura <rwaldura@LIGOS.COM>, 'Paul Sutton' <paul@eu.c2.net>,
	'Rodent of Unusual Size' <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
Cc: 'Renaud Waldura' <rwaldura@LIGOS.COM>, "'coar@hyperreal.org'"
	 <coar@hyperreal.org>, "'apache-bugdb@apache.org'"
	 <apache-bugdb@apache.org>, "'coar@apache.org'" <coar@apache.org>,
	"'renaud@LIGOS.COM'" <renaud@LIGOS.COM>, "'apbugs@Apache.Org'"
	 <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: mod_log-any/1645: Tabs in CustomLog format converted to space
	 s in  log file
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:57:47 -0800

 > FYI, I just commented out the faulty part and it seems to be working
 fine.

 Not! (of course not...) I've found at least one problem, with the
 "require" directive.

 In the config file:

 1)	require <sp> group <ht> my-group
 2)	require <ht> group <sp> my-group

 1) is broken, I don't know what the code for the require directive
 understands, but obvisouly not the Right Thing. The group authentication
 doesn't work at all. No error message though.

 2) works fine.

 I'm afraid this particular problem might happen here and there over and
 over again. So my patch is wrong, and we're back to step 1: a real patch
 is needed.

 --Renaud