www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From jeff hayes <jha...@globalserve.net>
Subject os-windows/1648: app says i need a server name
Date Sun, 11 Jan 1998 05:12:04 GMT

>Number:         1648
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       app says i need a server name
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
using the win95 binary from your site I installed and configured then ran:

C:\Program Files\Apache>apache -s -d .
Apache/1.3b3
httpd: cannot determine local host name.
Use ServerName to set it manually.

I am dialed into an ISP and my machine does not really have a hostname.
so what do I give it as a hostname?

i have scanned every bit of docs, FAQ and a couple of newgroups looking
for clues before bothering you with this.