www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex (fwd)
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 05:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/1612; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex (fwd)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:25:23 -0800 (PST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:11:58 -0800 (PST)
 From: Steven Filling <steven@panoptic.csustan.edu>
 To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
 Subject: Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex

 On 02-Jan-98 Dean Gaudet extemporized:
 > Oh hmm!  I wonder if it's got a problem with the sizeof(int) parameter.
 > But the Single Unix spec says it's supposed to take an int there, so it
 > should be ok.  Dunno, tell me what you find out from axp-list... leaving
 > this open.

 axp-list produced nothing of use.  In the mean time, I grabbed a 'spare'
 intel box and loaded RH 5.0 on it.  apache compiled and runs without a
 murmur.  So, I think it's pretty certain that this is an alpha specific
 bug, I suspect something to do with the glibc transition, but I don't have
 a spare alpha to load a prior RH version on to test compile.

 If the blinding light of understanding suddenly comes on, I'll forward
 details.

 cheers
 S.
 Steven Filling