www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brad Zoltick - RSB <b...@codon.nih.gov>
Subject Re: general/1638: GIF images on the order of 80KB to 120KB fail to download properly
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 18:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1638; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brad Zoltick - RSB <brad@codon.nih.gov>
To: marcs@znep.com
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/1638: GIF images on the order of 80KB to 120KB fail to download properly
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:45:07 -0500 (EST)

 Hi Marc,

 Thank you for responding. The images are proper as they download completely
 and correctly from a Win95/NT4.0 PC running Netscape 4.04.

 With MSIE 3.02, they only download part ways and the client thinks it is
 finished.

 Before, if we did not change the MaxKeepAliveRequests from the default to 0,
 this behavior happened on almost every Browser (client) for lots of images.

 The images just download partly - only a portion of the image is displayed.
 It is a consistent problem on many clients.

 It is possibly something to do using IRIX 6.2. I have applied all the patches.

 Brad Zoltick
 Email: brad@codon.nih.gov