www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ben Sussman <suss...@red-bean.com>
Subject config/1639: Compilation problems in HP-UX 11
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:34:00 GMT

>Number:         1639
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Compilation problems in HP-UX 11
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.2.5
>Environment:
HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/715

HP's full ANSI C compiler & developer's toolkit
gcc 2.7.2.3 (built with the above compiler)
1. Using either of the two compilers above, there are duplicate delcarations of
'rlim_t' in conf.h:144 with each compiler's types.h header.  It seems to be due
to the fact that 'Configure' assumes HP-UX 10 is the latest release.
(See fix below)

2. Once fixed, everything compiles fine.  During the final linking stage, however,
the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) dies on two unresolved symbols: frexp and modf,
both code blocks.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try doing a generic 'Configure' and 'make' of Apache 1.2.5
on any HP-UX 11 system.
>Fix:
1.  I fixed the first problem by simply deleting lines 142-145 in conf.h.
It was re-defining 'rlim_t' on the assumption that #ifndef HPUX10, we must
be using HP-UX 9.

2.  I'm lost on the second problem. Why would there be unsatisfied symbols?
I don't imagine using GNU binutils should make a difference..